Steeltoe .NET Developer
Registration is closed
This two-day course demonstrates how to build cloud-native .NET applications using Steeltoe. For those unfamiliar, Steeltoe is a set of open source packages that simplify building enterprise-class .NET applications. This course will take a basic application on a journey to become cloud-native and production-ready, with the assistance of several Spring Cloud projects. While ASP.NET Core will be the framework of choice during the training, the same concepts and knowledge are also directly applicable for traditional ASP.NET applications.
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand how to develop ASP.NET applications using the latest Steeltoe releases.
Day 1: Sunday, October 6, 9:00am–5:00pm CST
Day 2: Monday, October 7, 9:00am–5:00pm CST
This course runs for two full days and attendance on both days is necessary for course completion. This course does not overlap with conference activities. To register, select Full Conference Pass and then Training.
.NET software developers with an interest in learning how to construct cloud-native applications
- .NET programming experience
- Minimum of 8GB running Windows, Mac, or Linux
- 5GB free disk space
- Ability to install software (admin privileges)
- .NET IDE (such as Visual Studio 2017+ or VS Code)
- .NET Core SDK version 2.2 or higher (not 3.0 preview)
- Git for Windows (or Mac/Linux)
- Microsoft SQL Server Express (or Docker installed)
- Redis server (or Docker installed)
- Access to run Powershell commands (or terminal for Mac and Linux)
- Internet access via port 80 and 443 (HTTPS)
- Java JDK 8 (or Docker installed)
Materials Access Instructions
- Visit https://courses.education.pivotal.io
- From the Welcome page, click Continue and then Sign Up
- Fill in your details. Please remember to use the same email address as your SpringOne Platform registration.
- You will receive a verification email from Pivotal Education. Click on the link to confirm your account.
If you run into any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Content will appear in your dashboard a few days before the course begins.