This two-day course demonstrates common architecture challenges you will encounter while building RESTful microservices, and how you can address them with solution patterns using Spring Cloud and Spring Cloud Netflix.
Solution patterns covered are Service Registry, Client Load Balancing, Retry/Backoff, Circuit Breaker, Load Shedding, External Configuration and Telemetry.
Each lesson includes deep narrative of a particular problem area, with one or more labs that demonstrate associated solutions, benefits and tradeoffs.
Day 1: Sunday, October 6, 9:00am–5:00pm CST
Day 2: Monday, October 7, 9:00am–5:00pm CST
This course runs for two full days and attendance on both days is necessary for course completion. This course does not overlap with conference activities. To register, select Full Conference Pass and then Training.
Java/Spring Software developers with interest in learning how to construct cloud-native applications using the Spring Cloud family of projects
- Knowledge of Java Programming
- Experience with Spring Framework or Spring Boot
- Experience doing version control with Git and GitHub
- Minimum of 8GB running Windows, Mac, or Linux
- 10GB free disk space
- Ability to install software (admin privileges)
Materials Access Instructions
- Visit https://courses.education.pivotal.io
- From the Welcome page, click Continue and then Sign Up
- Fill in your details. Please remember to use the same email address as your SpringOne Platform registration.
- You will receive a verification email from Pivotal Education. Click on the link to confirm your account.
If you run into any issues, please contact us at email@example.com. Content will appear in your dashboard a few days before the course begins.