This 2-day course demonstrates common architecture challenges you will encounter while building RESTful microservices, and how you can address them with solution patterns using Spring Cloud and Spring Cloud Netflix.
Solution patterns covered are Service Registry, Client Load Balancing, Retry/Backoff, Circuit Breaker, Load Shedding, External Configuration and Telemetry.
Each lesson includes deep narrative of a particular problem area, with one or more labs that demonstrate associated solutions, benefits and tradeoffs.
Java/Spring Software developers with interest in learning how to construct cloud-native applications using the Spring Cloud family of projects
- Knowledge of Java Programming
- Experience with Spring Framework or Spring Boot
- Experience doing version control with Git and GitHub
- Minimum of 8GB running Windows, Mac, or Linux
- 5GB free disk space
- Ability to install software (admin privileges)
- Java 1.8 installed
- Git client
- Maven / Gradle installed
- Internet access - Ability to access sites via port 80 and 443 (HTTPS)