Minio For PCF: Private Cloud Storage for Apps Running on Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Monday, September 24, 2018 // 10:40 am - 12:00 pm // Woodrow Wilson B
Looking to deploy Amazon S3 compatible object storage server in seconds for your application data or CI/CD artifacts? Do you need uniform, repeatable deployments across public and private clouds? You’ve come to the right place!
Learn how to build very large scale, Amazon S3 compatible, private cloud storage infrastructure for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using Minio for PCF with strong encryption which is also tamper-proofed with AEAD.
PCF helps companies develop, deploy, and scale applications faster by automating management and operational tasks while making efficient use of system resources. With Minio for PCF, you can use the Minio tile to simply deploy an enterprise-grade private cloud storage so developers can easily get an Amazon S3 compatible persistent storage service for all of their cloud-native applications running on PCF.
Minio for PCF provides both a CF BOSH release, and a PCF tile to be deployed as standalone as well as erasure coded distributed deployments.
- We will deploy 2x Minio for PCF storage clusters using PCF Ops Manager depicting DataCenter_A & DataCenter_B PCF deployments.
- The Minio Client will be used to upload data to both clusters. We will show how to protect your data across data centers using replication, as well as other features of the Minio Client, such as creating pre-signed URLs.
- You will learn about encryption, bucket policies, and multi tenancy options
- Best practices to give you the confidence to deploy Minio for PCF.
You’ll walk away from this session with knowledge of how to replicate data, provide DR solutions and integrate to your data backup solution.
More information on Minio for PCF is available here.
- Laptop with min 8GB memory
- Download PCF Dev on your laptop
- Download Minio server and client
- Try and download these prerequisites prior to the workshop as conference Wi-Fi can be slow or sporadic
What We Provide
- Power and Wi-Fi
Ugur Tigli, CTO, Minio
Rob Girard, Principal Technical Marketing Engineer, Minio