APIs and Microservices Management with Apigee & Pivotal
Monday, September 24, 2018 // 9:00 am - 12:00 pm // Chesapeake D-F
Build and expand your application ecosystem with APIs using the Apigee Edge API Management platform, while modernizing your application using microservices on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). PCF helps companies develop, deploy, and scale applications faster by automating management and operational tasks while making efficient use of system resources. With Apigee API proxies, developers as well as other microservices can consume those backend applications securely running on PCF, while at the same time using Apigee Analytics to measure and monitor traffic to those applications.
Apigee provides multiple ways to integrate your PCF deployed applications. Using Apigee with PCF you can enable and expand your application ecosystem providing a way to consume them easily, modernize and run your backend services using loosely coupled microservices, and secure, monitor, and analyze the performance of your applications.
More information on Apigee for PCF is available here.
In this workshop:
- We will deploy an app on Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- We will deploy Apigee Service Broker application on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and configure it for Apigee Edge Cloud
- Apigee Edge Cloud will host an API proxy generated using the Apigee Service Broker, that manages all requests and responses to the PCF app and enforcing Edge policies like ApiKey and token verification, Rate limiting, and payload mediation.
- Finally, we complete the API Lifecycle by publishing OpenAPI Specs on the Apigee Developer Portal and analyzing API traffic patterns with Edge Analytics.
- Laptop with min 8GB memory
- Download the CF CLI on your laptop or Google Cloud Shell as explained in this gist
- Try and download these prerequisites prior to your workshop as conference Wifi can be slow or sporadic
What We Provide
- Conference Wi-Fi
- Apigee account
- Lab applications
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry environment
Diego Zuluaga, Senior Software Engineer, Apigee
Madhav Sathe, Platform Architect, Pivotal